Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday

Yea, the food was mighty fine at the 4h cooking school. Snuck in there right on time. Will try that again today. This is the last day for the cooking.
No big plans for today, other than lunch. Teri and I went to Wednesday evening Bible Study last night, in Duncan. That was my highlight of the day. We enjoy visiting with folks after services. Teri knows all of them from when she lived out here. I have met most of them on previous trips. Sunday we will travel over to Safford for services. That is where Teri was living when we met.
I spent part of yesterday getting directions to friend's places on our route. Will program them into the gps system. Bert and Fay live near Eureka, Ca. in the Redwoods. She sent very detailed instructions as they live "out". Teri and I hope to be there by July 4th. Fay says we can park our coach there while we explore the area. That will be fun. I have never been to the Redwoods of California. I am looking forward to many photographs to share with my friends.
Speaking of photographs, I blew my 2 gig card and bought one on ebay. One of our kids will send it with our mail to Jerry's in Oregon so it will be a couple weeks before I get it. Maybe Teri will let me use one of her's. That card had a lot of unpublished pictures on it. Also having trouble with a tank sensor so I have one coming that I got on ebay last night. RVer's know it is not good to be without a black tank indicator.
Been watching the fuel prices. They seem to be down 20 cents everywhere. I suspect they will continue to fall more. We are sitting on a tank of 3.00 gas. I do not like to put cheap gas in this coach so I filled it up right before we got here, in Lordsburg. Guess the next tank will be some of that old cheap stuff. It just seems to run better when I put 3 dollar gas in it. Oh well, maybe I can find some expensive fuel in California somewhere. Everything here is below 3 bux now.
I suppose Saturday we will pend some time getting ready to roll. Been living here for three weeks so things are kinda scattered around. Got to get back in travel mode. Will drag out my "big guns" so we can snoop around for wifi signals on the road. I have a high gain, 2.4 gig beam antenna with a one watt amplifier that I will use, mounted on a camera tripod. Maybe there will be a signal somewhere around where we stay Monday and Tuesday evenings, on the road.
I put my new Father's Day shirt on today, from Stasha. Arizona Diamondbacks t shirt. Told I could only wear it here in this state, ha.
I guess I better get around and do something besides watch the solar system work. Sam looks like she is ready to adventure outdoors. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate any comments you may have. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home