Sunday, July 29, 2007

Leisurely Sunday Afternoon

Not a great photo but we are tucked in here real nicely. See that satellite dish? Teri is inside watching the race. It has been cloudy all day but I am still getting 5 amps of charge from the solar panels. If that is not enough I will fire the generator later. With tv and computer on all day we may have to run the old Onan.
Not many folks here. A few left while we were at church this am. We ran up here Thursday and there were about 5 coaches and or 5th wheels here so I figure this week we wont be crowded. However, this is the Girabaldi days week and the county fair is coming up next weekend so who knows, we may get to meet lots of folks. We got to visit with 2 folks last evening. One male and one female. Both are in seperate coaches and members of Loners on Wheels. Very pleasant folks. They seemed starved for conversation though. Both out talked me. We will head back to church after while. I think 6 pm, that is 8pm in Missouri. Need to get my Streets and Trips going before bedtime and map out our trip into Portland in the morning. No unwanted turns needed over there. May hit Walmart while there. I can get some more money out of those bottle machine things over there. That is fun if you could not tell from the photo.
Well, enough for now. I need to finish the Nascar race and get a nap. Hope everyone has a great upcoming week. Thanks for stopping by. Dan

Yea, I came back and did my spell checking. I knew I mispelled that title but was not sure how to make it look right. Had my little assistant help me out. Teri is kinda handy that way. I am a college graduate and usually can spell but some words just never look right. My mother was an English teacher. She used to put me to bed listening to my spelling words on a tape recorder that my father had bought. She wanted to make sure that her oldest could spell. Dad, well he wanted to make sure that I could chop cotton and drive a tractor. Anyway, we got the title of this writing correctly spelled now.
Looks like we won't need the generator after all. The solar panels seemed to have done their job with 5 amps of charge and absolutely no sun at all today. We are up to 12.6 volts which is nearly a full charge. Yea, we will make it. I like free power, don't you? Solar is the way to go on RV's. I do not believe I could ever make it cost affective at home but in the coach it pays back in a hurry. No hookup fees at night. I like this. I have just a tad over 1,000 bux in 175 watts of solar, including the wire and solar charge contoller. The key is large wire and a good charge controller. If I can find room I want one more panel for an even 250 watts of power. Right now, I figure 10 amps of charge would be ideal with our system. Yesterday I saw 9 amps which is as good as I will get with our system. One more panel and I should have 12 amps of charge. Then I want two more 6 volt deep cycle batteries. Well, you did not expect a lesson in solar today, but what the heck, it was free. Have a good one. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home