Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Before Christmas

If you blow up this photo and look in the center, just left of the trucks, you can see the snow covered Mt. Graham. That mountain is 40 miles west of where we have the motorhome parked. I know the photo did not turn out as good as I wanted but it is an awesome sight in person. Approximately 11,000 feet above sea level. I have good memories of that mountain. When I first met Teri she took me up there and we played in the snow. It was there that I decided to do the best I could to make Teri my mate for life. I guess it worked.
Most of our time, so far, has been visiting and staying close to family that we have not seen since May. teri has done some measuring to make sure we get what we need when we head back into town for the kitchen counter. I will have pictures up when we get started. Have not worked on the bathroom problem yet either. We have lots of time for those projects.
It gets a bit nippy out here at night. In 6 nights we have burned half of our propane and it is 5 miles to the refill tank. Will try to not use so much in the future. We can wear jackets in the evening til we go to bed. Also we have a little electric heater and used it some last evening. Once we fall asleep it is no problem except for Sam. She has grown used to lying in front of one of the furnace vents and soaking up the heat. Teri said she was cold this morning. I guess we can cover her with a blanket before we hit the sack.
I had a note from my cousin in Norman, Ok. this morning. She told me that they were without electicity for 5 days because of the ice. I have not been keeping up with the weather since we arrived here and did not realize so many in such a wide area were touched by the storm. As a kid, on the farm, it was normal for us to be without electricity for a few days in the winter but today we have grown more dependant on the stuff. I have two generators that we can use but it would still be tough to do without the power company for a week. I hope everyone has their power back now.
That is about it. Nothing big thus far. We did renew old friendships last night at church. Was good to see folks again but we already miss our family and frinds back home. Hope everyone is doing well and we will catch back up with you later. I hope to get some good pictures to share soon.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home