Monday, July 30, 2007

Chevy Chase

Ever see the movie, Vacation? They get stuck downtown St. Louis. Well, Teri and I were there today, in Portland. Now I recall why I don't care for Portland. Oh well, some folks must like it because there aren't enough hiways to handle all of them. I would hate to be there at quittin time. No picture. I did not think yall would want to see what we saw in Portland. Worst part of the whole deal, I got to go back down in there to get my brake from Roadmaster next week.
I could not get anyone to really listen to my problem. I was getting real upset, they just did not realize it. I walked outside and then back in and I got some lip service. They were going to mail it home as there was no way they could get to it. Now, they think a week. Anyway, we left the brake and they are trying to fix it before we go home. So, maybe next week sometime we can pick it up. We won't be too far away that we can not drive in there and get it. It has never worked. I think we figured it out today. Will let you know later.
Not much to report. Was 175 miles over and back. More than half thru the mountains. Sam went too. She not good traveler anymore. Might have been her last ride in the Vibe. Hit a Walmart while in town. I am telling you folks, back home, that Portland is like a different country. Walmart is crammed downtown. We are not going back in there if I can help it.
It got cold here last night. I mean down close to 50. It is up to 75 now but wind is so stiff that you can not walk in it. Teri and Sam are taking a nap. I am not far behind them. Thanks for dropping by. Maybe I will have photos later. We have a nice trip planned, in a day or two, up the coast. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home