Thursday, August 30, 2007

Irrigon, Or. Has a Skate Board Park











Look at this. I think it is neat. I am not a skate bord kind of guy but this is really a good place that the city of Irrigon has fixed up for kids to gather and play on the boards. Keeps them off the street and sidewalks. Lots of kids are here everytime we pass by. Look at the little 4 year old riding down thru there. I can't figure out why he would not let me ride his board. I think I could have rode it like he does, sitting down. Maybe he was afraid that as old as I am I might get hurt or that I could not get up off it. I don't know. Don't forget to click on the photos. You can see them much better when they are large. Well, if you are over 50 you can. Otherwise, use your glasses. Teri and I had a great time taking these pictures. We hope that you enjoy them. I really wish that I could put in your mind what I saw with mine. These pictures just don't tell the whole story. In the album below, when we shot pictures of the river, dam, and bridge, we were in Oregon so the dirt and mountains you see in background are in the state of Washington. We whould get some really good pictures when we travel the river next week on our way to Idaho. Now we are waiting til Tuesday for that trip. Good decision. Enjoy these shots. Have questions, fire away. gregg_danathotmail.com. Come on back. No telling what we might find. Too hot to install shocks today. We have air on. First time since last week in June. 95 degrees in Irrigon, Or. today. Dan




2 Comments:

At August 30, 2007 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Clyde Jacques said...

Hey buddy, just had a thought, don't let that scare you, but I was just wondering. Do you suppose the history books, say 100 years from now, will have anything about the "DAN & TERI" expedition? You are covering more territory than Lewis & Clark, and documenting a lot more about your adventures. Just wondering!!!

Would have liked to seen you on one of those skate boards, zipping over one of those jumps.

Anyway, hope the fridge is cooling.

Thanks for the photos and info, looks like beautiful scenery.

 
At August 30, 2007 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

I don't know but I bet if there is an internet our travels will still be on here for folks to read. Isn't that something? We enjoy following where Lewis and Clark traveled. I think when I was in 4th grade wi studdied a little about Lewis and Clark and that was it. All I ever knew about their expidition was over 40 years ago. I am learning much more now than I did then. Actually seeing where they traveled is just great. I may get a skateboard ride yet. Keep your eyes open.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home