Saturday, January 12, 2008

Living The Dream?

That # 30 is our oldest granddaughter, Kelsey. We got to watch her and her team win a game this morning. That is a good thing in grandparents' book. We enjoy spending time with our 12 grandkids. There are 3 of them out here where we are now. All of them treat us very special when we come see them.


We ran into town this afternoon and I just had to stop and take this shot. We cross mountains to get to town. The gps says the altitude is about 4400 feet where we pass. The mountains around us have got to be over 5,000 feet. That one with the snow on it is about 10 or 11,000 ft. and about 30 miles from where the picture was taken.
Lots of my friends tell me that they are glad we can "live our dream". Reality is, I never had this dream. Until 4 years ago I never would have imagined even owning a motorhome. Teri and I were looking for a cheap house we could fix up to stay in in Silver City New Mexico. We finally decided that we were not sure we wanted to stay in that town. I still remember telling her that maybe if we had a motorhome or 5th wheel we could just go where we wanted. Teri thought that was a good idea and we began studying 5th wheels and motorhomes. I had every brochure available on both. We finally decided we wanted a motorhome. That would suit our needs better. I then went to learning everything I could about all of the new motorhomes available for under 150,000 dollars. After about 6 months of that I figured we would be better if we bought an old one to see if we liked motorhoming. I mean, I hate camping. If I can not have everything from home with me I am not going. We studied older coaches and settled on the GMC. We liked it so much that we just renovated it and that is how we became members of the GMC motorhome society. It is just right for the two of us and Sam. And, I got to retire at 52. If we had bought a new one I would have had to work until I was 55 so it would be paid for before I retired.
Now, there you have it. Our story in a nutshell. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It has warmed up some here and not using so much lp to stay warm. I just finished vacuuming and Teri is now putting our stuff away so the coach is tidy again. Time to kick back and watch a little tv. Early to bed as tomorrow is Sunday and I do not want the preacher to catch me snoozing. If anyone has any special requests, just let me know. Come on back when you have time. Dan

2 Comments:

At January 13, 2008 at 5:54 AM , Blogger Jenny said...

Dan,

Came across your blog and enjoy your pics and blog. Not often that you find common folk on here.

We have lived in a 5th wheel for about 8 years and are currently in FL visiting family.

 
At January 13, 2008 at 8:14 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Thanks. We certainly are "common folk". Most rvers that we run into are similar.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home