Friday, January 11, 2008

More Pictures of Our Week

We had so many photos of our week I just wanted to share a few more with you. As you can see behind Sam there are cactus everywhere. One photo shows what some of the neighbors' places look like in the desert. Our friend's place is a well kept area. You can tell that by all of the birds that want to hang around there. Some of the pictures are of our trip over the mountains, last week, on our way.
The journey over and back was such a beautiful sight. We saw snow on s ome of the mountains. Of course Mt. Graham has lots of snow, at 11,000 ft.
We did not run much heat while we were gone. Well, I forgot to turn on the lp when we got back. We froze last nite as it got into the mid 20's. I don't like moving the coach to get lp so we are using one of our son in law's trailer tanks. Cost 26
bux to fill that 7 gallon tank this afternoon. That is over 3 dollars a gallon. I think it is warmer back in Missouri than it is here at night. Maybe the nights will warm up soon as the sun is moving more north every day.
I got the quick disconnect fixed today for Teri's 2 burner gas stove top. Now we can have some real grub. Oh, I had the best gravy I have ever tasted at Sylvia and Gordon's this week. Bisquits and gravy. Boy, she really knows how to make gravy.
I think Saturday Teri and I may run over to Safford to get a few parts that we need to get back to work on the kitchen. Monday we have to run down to Tucson so I can get my substitute teaching certificate for Arizona. Got my fingerprints approved so I am good to go now.
Today was mostly a rest day for Sam and me. Teri took care of our 4 yr old grandson while everyone else was at school. She is good at working with him, much more than just babysitting.
I still have the solar information for folks that may want to consider solar on their rv. If you are interested in some good, non technical, solar reading, just send me a note at gregg_dan at hotmail.com . I will get it right out to you. It was written by a friend of mine and will help anyone learn how to set up a solar system that will work.
Have a good Friday evening and thanks for stopping by to check on us. Dan





















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home