Friday, January 18, 2008

Whewww!!!!!







Take a look at these photos. What do they tell you? Yep, I mean it was cold here last night and this morning. That old guy is me trying to get the tank loose so I can take it to get filled with lp. The lady that filled it said it was 12 degrees at her place at 6am. I bet it was colder than that here. It did warm up to 55 degrees this afternoon. I think we have another day or two of cool weather before it warms up. That, according to the lady at the lp store.
The top picture is what lets us not have to drive the motor coach to the lp store. It is an "extend a stay". Lets us hook a smaller tank in line to run the furnace and save out tank on the coach. Our son in law, Cody, has loaned us a smaller tank from his travel trailer and I just throw it in car to get some $3.50 propane. A bbq grille tank will also work. This is a very nice gadget to have on a motor home.
The bottom picture is a small catalytic heater. Well used but it works. Loaned to me this afternoon by our friends, Al and Ann. They used it last winter while they lived in their 40 foot motorhome. They were rebuilding the house they bought, just over in New Mexico, about 5 miles from us. I was over there today with the new gps program and they sent the heater home with me. Thank you Al and Ann. That will let us save some on the expensive propane. This heater will not use nearly as much as our furnace. It will also be cheaper than the little electric heater we have. I will turn it off at bedtime and set the furnace to a low setting.
Our 12 volt electric blanket saved Teri and me last night. Poor Sam. She sleeps up here by the door. I know she had to be cold. She hunkers in deep when she goes to bed. It is hard to even see her back in her cover. We put the light bulb on the water pump last night. Good thing too. It still grunted a time or two when I turned it on for my shower. From what I can hear, it is a bit unusual to have these low temperatures here in the southwest. Our elevation does not help us any.
Teri and the kids are in town. Supposed to bring us some pizza. I can smell it now. Hope everyone has a great three day weekend. They are mostly all the same to me since retiring. Come back by when you have a chance. I may get some good pictures here in a day or two. Dan

2 Comments:

At January 18, 2008 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Following your posts Gregg!!! We were over in Cottonwood last winter (50 miles south of Flagstaff) and I think it got down to 17 one time. The elevation there is 3200 ft.

We are in west central Florida right now and the weather has been cloudy and yucky.

Hope we cross trails one of these days. Sid

 
At January 19, 2008 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Thanks Sid. It should warm up here soon, I hope anyway. Nice during the day but gets cold when the sun sets behind the mountain.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home