Monday, June 7, 2010

Hot Rod Power Tour, 2010

This is the first time in my life that I have been where 2500 hot rods have gathered. They started rolling in about 1030. They were being fed as they arrived and taking off again for DuQuoin. We gave several time to hit the streets and then we took off. What a blast.





This ain't a Nomad, its a Pontiac. Only the 2nd or 3rd I have ever seen. It was nice.


Look close. This one hit a deer yesterday.




















This bad boy has a 455 Pontiac in it.






This is a slick ride. It got more looks and questions than most of the cars. Has a 20 horse Vangard engine by Briggs. It really sounded good too, v twin.





And, we are off. Teri and I rode 110 miles with these boys.


It really felt good when these guys would pass us with a thumbs up out the window. They know a real hot rod when they see a souped up GMC.


We even got thumbs ups when we went through towns where folks were lining the streets to see the hot rods.


Here comes a Mustang around us.



Here he comes.

There he goes.

Coming back into Missouri and,

cheaper gas.
I am married to the best lady I know. I love it when she lets me have my way and we have a weekend like this. I really can not recall a more fun weekend. We are already making plans for attending next year.
We got home at 4 pm. At 430 the bug ran over me and Teri had to take me to the hospital in Sikeston. I dropped the towbar and the bug started rolling back. I ran and opened the door, then attempted to jump in. Just as I got in the seat the left front wheel grabbed my left foot and yanked me back out. Wow, that smarted. I was dragged into the street after the car got my foot and lower leg. Nothing broken just really banged up. I have crutches but hope I dont need them tomorrow. Might need a wheel chair, who knows. May really be sore when I wake up.
Thank you for going with us this weekend. Wasn't it fun?  I love going in the GMC. It has taken us to some neat places. We have many more places to see and hope to do it in the coach. I love having my own bed and bath everywhere we go. The tracker worked flawlessly. Hope you got to take a look at where we were today.
Check in on us later to see what we are up to. There never seems to be a dull moment around our place.
Dan

1 Comments:

At June 8, 2010 at 8:02 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Awesome pics. All that demand should make the price of gas go up wherever those guys go.

Hope you're not too sore today.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home