Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Full Day In A GMC Motorhome

We left home at 930 am. Everything was great. Stopped in Cape to get gas. Coach would not even grunt when I tried to start it. Boost would not move it either. I fired the Onan and hit starter, fired right off. Pulled out to cross the bridge into Illinois and saw gas for 2.39. I just paid 249. Aint that the way it goes.

So, at our first geo stop I started working on it. I always do the easy things first. For 3 stops I did the easy stuff. None fixed it. finally I got the positive cable off the battery and it was a real mess. Teri was caching in a grave yard in Murphysboro so I went to work. Took me 30 minutes but I got it off and cleaned it. It was a real booger and the engine battery is behind the house batteries on the passenger side. I am glad I could get to it. Anyway, that fixed our problem. Cruised all day after that and never a problem one.




We ran onto this machine up on 51. It cost me 3.50 but I got to look under the hood and get the number for Dave. Teri kept an old man busy, over paying for a qt. of strawberries while I snuck back here and did my thing.


Oh, we were in the boonies today, several times.


My favorite cache of the day. I tore up that ice cream. I spent 7.50 here but it was worth it.

Look at the size of this thing. It is in a park up in Centralia. Very nice park.

I love these sneaky hides.

The sun was dropping and we had a few more caches to find. got them and pulled into the Walmart in Vandalia. There are 4 more around us and we will grab them in the morning then head over to Effingham. There is a cache here in the parking lot but it is hid so well that we can not find the thing. Oh well, we must leave a few I guess.
Hope you had a chance to check the tracker. I think I will turn it off now for the night.
Tomorrow I hope to have lots of volkswagen pictures.
Have a great Friday and check on us over the weekend.
Dan

2 Comments:

At June 4, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Nice pics. Keep 'em comin'. It looks like you have had great weather too.

 
At June 4, 2010 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, that locomotive....was it a "Big Boy"? They made a few of them to cross the Continental Divide and I believe they are the biggest locomotives that could operate on the curvature of the tracks. There is one at Omaha up on a high hill as you come into town from Eye-Way (that is how my Dad pronounces it).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home