Sunday, June 6, 2010

They All Went Home

Well, most of  them left. I see two over across the field that can not leave on their own power.  Teri and I got up and headed to church. We got back at noon and a lot of cars were still here. Some only got to come for the Sunday show. I bought a carburator. I knew if I waited til the last day I would get a bargain, I did.

We had to move the coach over to the south field. They are expecting at least 2,000 hotrods tomorrow. I did not mind moving because I want to see those cars when they roll in here. I am hoping they leave in time so Teri and I can ride along with them for 100 miles to Du Quoin. We need to be in Dexter by 630 pm so we will see.







This fella drove in from New York and is on his way to California. No way I would ride in this one for that many miles. He has no air bags so it rides about an inch off the pavement. I hope he makes it and there is no road construction.

You name it, we saw it here, if it had VW written on it. This is one great show. At least 600 cars. They had a great band last night. Next year they are trying to get Sha Na Na for a 50's theme. That will be cool. 15 bux buys a lot at this show. Teri and I hope to make it again next year. We were able to meet several folks I have talked with on line. Pretty neat.
Ok, must finish the Nascar race. Yall have a great evening. We will roll by noon Monday. Watch the tracker.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home