Sunday, July 1, 2007

Notes From Early Risers

Hey, we are on the left coast now. Yall remember that. We are running on Pacific time. When it is, say, noon in Ohio, well, its just 9 am here, my getting up time. I get notes from you guys wondering where I am. Well, I am in bed. Where do you think I am???? It is 4 am where yall are when I get in bed at nite. I am just now getting on this slow time. I guess after over 5 weeks on the road and over a month on this slow time I should set my watch back to it.
We had one big day yesterday. I went with Nick to dig out an old coach that has not been moved in 12 years. I mean we had to dig it out and it was up on the steep overlooks of San Francisco Bay, just like you see on the "sell this house" shows on HGTV. A 75,000 house at home goes for over 500,000 up there. Unbelievable. I can't grasp it. Anyway, Nick and I get there with our tools at 5 pm, tow truck to arrive at 6. We got everything but the air hose. 1 hour to locate an air hose at Pep Boys. Get back, can't air up bags with our fittings so I am airing up tires with dry rot and Nick gets the compressor on the coach going as 12 year old battery still has some juice enough to run compressor. We have to jack coach up so bags will pop out the air compressor is so weak. We are working fools when the tow truck shows up 15 minutes early. I hate working under pressure. We get it all up off the ground. The gate to driveway is not wide enuff for tow truck to get coach out and up the hill. We unhook coach, tie 3500 pound chain on it, drag the 12000 pound coach out the gate and up the hill with me running behind with a wheel chock in case the chain breaks as there are no brakes on coach. What a funny sight to the neighbors. I can not really do justice here to how we must have looked. Took over an hour to figure all of this out. By now, our supper is cold and we got an hour ride home. Nick and I are following the tow truck and the black tank cap, I guess we busted it off, is gone and sewage dripping all the way home. We made it just before dark. Wow. I forgot my camera. What an evening we had. Got home, Teri had our dumplins all warmed up and we sat down to laugh and eat. I could not stand a lot of days like these guys have. I laugh way too much. Nothing upsets Jim and Nick much. This is a great place for us to visit and try to help out. I am glad Teri and I came. We will pull out early Monday and I may not have internet for a few days. I don't know.
Anyway, that was the big news from yesterday. Oh, I had mentioned the little flying helicopters Saturday. I was such a nice guy that Teri bought me two. She dickered the guy down and got a bargain on them. She knows how to haggle. I am afraid I will upset the seller, not her, ha. Anyway, will get a picture of one after while and show you. Thanks for dropping by, off to church services now. Dan

1 Comments:

At July 1, 2007 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Clyde Jacques said...

Did no one have a video??? Think how much we could make on America's Funniest Home Video!!!!

I can just picture you running along behind that old coach, waiting for the chain to break so you could catch it and stop it from running back into one of those 500,000 houses. Man those folks will be talking about that for years to come, telling their grand-kids, about seeing these guys trying to rescue an old GMC coach. The only thing that would have made this strory better, is for the chain to break and you trying to catch up with it and trying to get those shocks under the wheels to stop it. That may have even made the "Bay News".

Keep on keepin' on, looking forward to your next adventure.

Clyde

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home