Monday, June 25, 2007

Hot Ain't The Word For It

Wow, we saw 112 today and I know it was at least that hot. We are in a Barstow Walmart parking lot. Got here about 10 pm California town. 2 hours out we had smoke just rolling out the back. Looked down at the engine, oil everywhere. After an hour I finally found it. Busted oil pressure gauge line. Plastic. Not good. What to plug it with after I cut it off. After 3 tries I got vise grips to clamp it off til we got to Napa, 20 miles, and I got a cap and capped off. I have anouther oil pressure gauge so I was not without one. Will use metal line when I replace this one. No problems after that except for extreem heat. No way am I going to do this again in June. We dorve about 600 miles today as there was not a good spot along the way due to the heat. So, we drove til it cooled down a bit. May pull into San Fancisco Tues afetnoon instead of Wed. Life is good right now. Parked between some trucks on Walmart dirt lot. THey close at 11 but I did not want to wait so the security told me to come over here. We are right at home. Internet and even got satellite tv going. So, no time for proof reading. Teri needs the laptop. Thanks for riding along. Not many pictures today. Just brown dirt and cactus. LAke Havasu was pretty but to hot. Quartzite was really hot. Dan

1 Comments:

At June 27, 2007 at 8:02 AM , Blogger appysam said...

For all you lucky people out there that get the chance to visit with Dan and Teri - Make sure you know how very luck you are to be with them. We sure LOVED our visit here in Arizona!! Look very forward to the winter!

I love you guys! Stasha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home