Friday, July 6, 2007

What a trip

WOW, are we ever having a time out here. Let me say that never totally depend on GPS. I knew better but, oh well. Took me over a tow bridge right back downtown San Fran. with coach and car. Got over the Golden Gate bridge and away we went. Had a great ride up here Monday to Eureka. We have the greatest friends anyone could ever ask for. We are staying on a remote mountain at Fay and Bert Curtis' place. They are the greatest. Snuck down off the mountain to get a wifi signal this morning. Sitting in Eureka at courthouse. Wasted my money at Starbucks, no wifi and I dont like their coffee. Hey, never buy a motorcycle battery in California, 79 bux. I should have said no but I was in such shock I just did it anyway. I bet it would be 35 bux at home for same Interstate battery. Oh well. Gas is 3.40 here. Everything is too expensive for folks like Teri and me to live here unless we were getting free rent, ha. Having a blast. I got to watch Fay and Bert work last nite after the 4 of us spent the day in town together. They let me have the run of their shop and are very good at explaining things to me. Sam and me stayed til 2 am Ca. time. Teri left at midnite. I wish I had a picture to share of where we are staying. Absolutely beautiful and remote. Forest is so deep that we see daylight for about 2 hours a day, I mean Sun light. So, solar is not too good here now and we are not using any hookups so must fire the generator every day or two. We will leave Curtis Mountain in 2 or three days heading for the Wheeler's in Charleston, Or. Should have wifi there. I am thinking leave Monday if the Curtis' can take that. IF not will leave Sat or Sunday afternoon. Still got to find a congregation of the church here in Eureka to Attend Sunday.
No proofing this. Not time. Got to run. So, thanks for stopping by and hope to be back on regular next week. Once again, Teri, Sam, and I are having the best time one could imagine at the Curtis' Place. They do fiberglass and steel fabrication.

1 Comments:

At October 8, 2007 at 8:30 AM , Blogger Wayne and Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing your trip. Still looking for the GMC for me. Are you doing another blog for the TN trip? We would also be interested in what you did to the coach over the three years that you prepped it for retirement.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home