Saturday, May 15, 2010

Always Smiling

We got up and got with it again this morning. I had a broken emergency cable that I needed to replace. After breakfast Wally and I jumped on that chore. Little jobs like this are so much easier with two people. 25 minutes and we were finished.

A quick look at wally's engine. He built his glass engine cover before I did. Look at those rails. This is a Mega Squirt fuel injection setup that Wally built. He even built the air intake bonnet. You can not buy one that looks that nice.

Wally is almost always smiling. It is kinda wierd the way he and I often think alike at the same time. Wally is a much more detailed guy than myself. He keeps everything in order with nothing ever out of place. Inside his coach looks great.

Well, all good things come to an end. About 1 pm Wally cut a trail. He was heading over to Springfield and up around the west side of Kansas City to 29 and home to Omaha. I am sure he stopped just north of Springfield somewhere for the night.

Off he goes, the wrong direction. I kept my ears open and could hear him as he slowed and made every turn. When I had counted his "take offs" I knew he had figured everything out and was on the right path. I jumped in the vdub just to make sure. I watched him head west on 60 until he was out of sight. Thanks Wally. See you soon.

Well, after Wally left I took Teri out for a few caches. She grabbed 6 within an hour.




Here she is off into the woods, farther than I wanted to walk. She took 10 minutes to locate this one but she got it.
We then checked on my aunt and uncle. My aunt had knee surgery a few days ago and I wanted to see how she was doing. She is a very special lady so she is healing up fast.
Life is good. The GMC is ready for another trip. Saturday it and the Vdub are in a car show, if I can get them all shined up in time. May go through the interieor tomorrow to make it presentable. That will give me 5 days to get it washed and polished up. A 3-4 hour job but I am retired. I'll work on it a little every day. No sense in wearing myself out.
Teri and I hope everyone is having a great weekend. We also pray that you friends like we do. What would life be if we could not help one another.
Catch you later,
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home