Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wally is Safely Home in Omaha

Took the can off and can see what happened. The top part of the gov is swaged on the shaft and it is loose. When it is in place and the weights are out the bottom port has a .038 opening. when it is up where the oil pressure would push it the port opening is .006. That explains why the trans thought it was going slower than reality and it wanted to stay in second or shift back. I have pics but need Sue to let me use her computer to get them out of the camera. I'm pretty sure it can be fixed. If a guy know what to look for you could probably see it with the can on.


Wally

I just have to pass this on. The above is a note I got from Wally tonight. He could not wait to tear into that governor. I knew he would find the problem. His words sure relieved me. Now I don't have to worry, we got the culprit.
Thanks Wally, you are a true friend.
Dan

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger GMF said...

Super news....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home