Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day and the Great River Road


We sit one block from the road that runs along the Columbia. I can sit here and see the RV's go by. The river is just across the road. Should you ever get out this way you need to run along the Columbia River. I-84 is the fast track. Get off and travel the 2 lanes. It is beautiful out here. From Biggs Junction west, make sure you cross into Washington and take 14 over to Vancouver. Absolutely breathtaking. Teri asked me , the other day, "what is the prettiest place we have been?" I told her it must be my cousin's, Sharon and Allen's place. What a view. Even with all of the ocean side we have seen, and that is beautiful, Sharon's place is something else, looking at the Oregon side of the gourge wall. We have seen some beautiful places. I know that Idaho holds some that we will see Tuesday.
Had to throw in the photo of our home for the last week. Here in Irrigon at Teri's folk's place. We have had the absolute best time visiting with them. Never have we had this much time to just visit when we were here before. Hope we can do a lot more.
As I said yesterday, traveling the way that we do is not for everyone. Living in a 26 foot space for 4 or 5 months could be "fun" if you and your spouse are not the best of friends. We are so we do well. Also, remember, as long as you are in nice weather, plan your trip carefully, you have the whole outdoors to "live in". We sleep here and we watch tv here, inside, in the evenings. Rest of time we are outside. Great. We go where we want. We change our plans when we want. What's the hurry? Have only had 2 or 3 deadlines to make so we have had all of this other time to either visit with family or sight see in the car or scooter. Sam loves just lying outside the door.
Oh, Betty, thanks for letting Teri know I put her photo up with new haircut. I heard about that. She better get on here and look at what I put up more, ha. She could do a little more writing from her perspective also. Maybe she will, soon.
Trying to get things tied down a bit so we can head to Rob's in Idaho in the morning. I think I have all of the "outside" stuff taken care of so we can get inside ready this evening. Oh, the new frige is great. I got ice cream in the freezer. Yep, we went shopping last night to refill it. I snuck a half gallon of cream into the cart. I am kinda sneaky. It was good. First I have had in nearly a month.
Well, I checked my account last night. I got paid. I always am a little nervous they will quit paying me not to come to work, even after a year, ha. We can buy gas and move on east now. We really enjoy the emails from folks that look at the site. Please make sure that you write "GMC" or "blog" or something in the title so I don't delete it. I just won't open anything I don't know where it came from. Last thing I need is for the laptop to get infected with something. I really enjoy using it. One of those things I bought before I retired. Might not be able to afford another one now. I may have deleted a few emails that came but I knew not from who. If I have not responded to you that is why. Please write again.
Some of my buddies only want to look at pictures. Say I am too long winded so they don't read it. I better close this one. I am sure it is too long for them. We will have internet at Rob's so should have some really good pictures to put up of our ride over the mountains Tuesday. Come on back and take a look. As always, thanks for stopping to visit with Teri, Sam, and me. We appreciate good company. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home