Thursday, January 24, 2008

Internet on the Go


I like having internet available when we travel. To purchase internet services, on the go, is 60 dollars a month using a cell setup. Too much for my budget. Have to have satellite tv and that is 60 dollars also. No way around that. So, we do the best with what we can come up with. Those who have followed us from the start have seen my internet setup in full force. Pulling in a wifi signal from over 5 miles away, off the mountain in Tillamook, Or. Sometimes there are wifi internet signals that don't require the "big guns" but are too weak for an inside antenna. So, I found this little usb gadget that works really well. It has a 500 mw transmitter and the receiver is pretty hot too. It is as handy as a pocket on a shirt. I got it off ebay for under 60 bux, shipped to me. Less than one month of paying for services. I can hook my outside antenna to it if necessary but that is not why I bought it. Takes up little room and just works really well. It allows me to pull the weak internet signal into the coach and still be invisable to the outside world. I normally don't like the usb wifi set ups but this one is well worth the money, for us.
The work is going on in the new kitchen but Teri says no pictures right now. Maybe this evening I can get one and put it up. Teri is a busy little carpenter right now and our 4 year old grandson is helping her while Sam and I kinda just watch to make sure everything is right. I am a good supervisor, aye? Anyway, hope everyone is having a great Thursday. I am enjoying it myself.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home