Monday, November 24, 2008

One of Those Mondays

When I was a working guy it seemed like Monday mornings were the problem hours for me. Folks tend to get out and get rowdy over the weekends. That usually results in contact with police or aggrivated neighbors. Lots of phone conversations and that normally resulted in some guys going to jail.
Today was one of those Mondays but it was all my doing. Can't blame it on anyone else. Teri is gone to Indiana so it is just Sam and me. I had to be at the doctor's office, for blood work, at 830 am. Had a doctor appointment back there at 1015. Cholestrol test. Everything was going great. Alarm went off and I was up and ready on schedule. Took Sam outside before I left, then off I went. I was back at the front door by 9am. I grabbed the knob, locked. Back to the Jeep for the keys. I had this "feeling". Not a good feeling. The key on the ring would not open the door. It would not even go in the hole. Seems that key was to my old office door. Oh boy. I remember that just Saturday I went around the house locking all of the windows when I pulled the storm windows down. Maybe the back door, nope, locked. Garage door locked. The remote is in the house with all of my other key rings. I hate carrying keys so I only take the ones to the vehicle I take from the driveway.
My neighbor has a key. I knock and get the baby sitter. She does not know where any keys are and is not interested in my problem. I take another walk around the house trying to convince myself not to break a window. I figure my blood pressure is rising and that won't be good for the doctor to see. Think some more. I have no phone so I drive to one of my daughter's. She has a key. That will take care of my problem. I play with my grandkids while she looks. No luck, can't find it. Got another daughter but it is 930 and she goes to college. I had Melanie call her cell to see where she is. Oh good, still at home, here in town. A quick drive over and I have a key in my pocket. Home and door opens. Sam is soothed. She was barking the whole time I was out there. She is too short to unlock door, ha.
Off to the doctor. Blood pressure is 126/72. Good. Choletrol, bad reading, is 113. Doc says I need it below 100. Not good. I had really worked and thought I was going to pass. Crestor is not cheap. Been taking one every other day for last 7 months, along with my 3 fish oil caplets. So, doc wants me on one daily. Money out of my pocket. Oh well.
Off to the local lumber yard. 3 new house keys. Now I got one on every key ring I own and one hid outside. Life is good again. Had over half of the half gallon of ice cream, tonite, with Hershey's. That little treat made it all better.
Teri will be home Wednesday afternoon. Got to have the den all finished, cleaned up, by then. I am getting there. Worked on it last two days. Maybe Tuesday will see it finished. The ice cream box will need to be gone also. The trash is on the street for Tuesday pickup. I can sleep in now. Won't have to walk until Teri gets back. Kitchen and living room is still clean, just like Teri left it. She will be proud of me.
There you have it. A quick rundown on my day. Hope your's was a good one. Check on me Tuesday night. I might need your help.
Dan

1 Comments:

At November 25, 2008 at 3:24 PM , Blogger retirement travels said...

You have had a trying day!!Just a reminder that ice-cream and cholestrol go hand in hand. That has always been my downfall.
Anne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home