Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ajo and Why

We all gathered for another breakfast this morning. We visited for an hour or so and then said our goodbyes. What a great bunch of folks.


Some of the folks were heading to Mexico. Teri and I decided that we would follow Len and Betty down through Ajo and Why. They would stop at a campground and we continued on to Tucson. Lots of Border Patrol. I mean, this is where the action is. On Tuesday nights there is a show called Homeland Security. Where we were today is where a big part of the show is filmed. Lots of wierd things are seen down here. Clothes, shirts, pants, stuff like that along side of the road. Under shady trees lots of empty water bottles and food wrappers. Every dry wash had footprints all over. I could see where someone graded the footprints out. I wondered if it was to see just where the illegals were coming through.






We stopped in Ajo. Pretty little town in the winter. I would not want to be here in July though. We all walked around the town square and visited for about an hour before we said our goodbyes. Len and Betty are really fun folks. Teri and I really enjoy their company and hope to see them in their home state, Oregon later. That is, if they get back from Mexico safely.


























For those of you that were tracking us, I missed our turn off here and traveled 4 miles too close to the Mexican Border before I realized it and turned around. You can see it on the tracking.
















Lots of religious stuff like this and lots of grave markers. I mean some of the markers along the road looked like there were actual graves there. I could not believe the amount of memorials along this road. Sure are lots of folks dying along here.






























Oh yea, when we came into the south side of Tucson there was another car show going on. We seem to find lots of car shows. Always turn around and check them out.
















































































































There were two little old ladies in this thing just a gittin it. I laughed so hard when we passed. Must have been the lady's first car.
















This guy passed us on I-10. We had seen it in the Safford car show last Thursday.







Well, that is the trip. 340 miles today. Took our time and enjoyed ourselves. I loved traveling this road. Everyone should hit this route once. Goes from Tucson to Gila Bend. Nice 2 lane through some desolute area. Lots of Border Patrol agents and cacti.
Got home and found that I lost my lp hose that hooks the external tanks to the motorhome. Fell out while we were traveling. Had to order another one, 26 smakers. I was not a happy camper. My internet Wilson Trucker quit working on the way home. Will see if I can figure out why Monday. Must be a bad piece of coax somewhere. I have had trouble with it before. Was tickled to learn that our grandson Caleb tracked us on the computer today. Also our 3 year old grandson in Mo. Tyler did too but he kept telling his mom that he wanted to see grana and grandpa. I think she finally went to the blog and showed him our picture. Got to love those grandkids.
Hope you enjoyed the pictures. We sure enjoyed taking them as we traveled. Yall hurry back. No telling just what Teri and I will get into this week.
Dan







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home