Monday, February 16, 2009

Gila Bend This Weekend


I have been busy today getting the coach ready to pull out Thursday morning. We are heading over to our friend, Rob's, near Phoenix. Then Friday we will drive over to Gila Bend for the weekend to meet with some of our GMC friends.

Had been putting off replacing a header gasket on the engine for way too long. Got that taken care of and cleaned up the engine. I hate a dirty engine. This one had dust and grime on it from over a year and several thousand miles. Was embarrassed to let folks look into the glass engine cover. Got that taken care of now. It will get a good going over when we get back home to Missouri. I just feel that a clean engine is a happy engine.

Still piddling with the tracking system. I think I have it now and it should work well on our trip this weekend. You can ride along when you have time, if you like. This link will take you directly to us anytime you want to know where we are:

http://aprs.fi/?call=WD0AFQ

This way you won't have to remember my call sign. I hope this works easier for you. If you have trouble just shoot me an email. Some folks have typed an oh instead of a zero and that will not work. Maybe this will be simpler and you can save it into your favorites. There is a very nice satellite map on it that I use a lot when I am looking for stuff. Just play around on the page and you will find some things that might be of interest. It will zoom in and out. Put your cursor on the map to get these features. You can type in the name of a town and look that up too. There is a block that will let you look back on the time to see where we were then also.

We had a great Sunday. Took off over to Safford for church services with our friends there. That is where Teri and I got married when I stole her away from here. After services we went over to some dear friends, Pete and Cindy's to watch the Daytona 500. Pretty good race. I liked Earnheart's way of taking out Kyle Bush, worked like a top.

See yall soon. Thanks for dropping in.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home