Thursday, February 12, 2009

U.S. Postal Service, Thumbs Down

Wow, where did the day go? It is after midnight and I can't believe it. The only chore I did today was run to the local Duncan post office. Those mail folks. Sometimes I wonder how some of them keep their jobs. I have many friends that work for the postal service and I am sure that they are all excellent employees. I mean, what kind of company do you think I keep?
Anyhow, Our daughter took our mail to the Dexter post office a week ago this past Monday. Today it arrived. I was hot. Teri then noticed the postmark on the box full of mail was this past Tuesday. Then I got really hot. The folks at Dexter held our box of mail for 8 days before postmarking it and sending it on its way. What is up with that? Why are they crabby to me when I am in there? Reminds me of the local license burea. I hate going into those two places, back home. When I was a supervisor in a government office, I would have done my best to fire any employee that treated the public like these folks do. I just do not get it. Now, they need to raise the price of a stamp, again??? Just rediculous. Can you tell which offices that I do my best to stay out of???? I have never had a problem with high blood pressure but I could nearly blow a gasket just thinking about this.
Different subject.
I got my parts for the tracking radio, that I have mentioned, today. Well, I got all of the parts except one. Could not believe it. The guy blamed his new "help". Said he would try to get it to me in Saturday's mail. What, mail again? Dog gone it. Anyway, worked all afternoon getting the radio cables built and setting all of the parameters of the thing. So, hopefully soon you can click on a website, that I will provide, and find us any time, no matter where we are. It will be like watching yourself on your gps except you will be watching Teri and me travel down the hiway in our GMC motorhome. I am excited about this addition to our travels. I hope that you will follow us occassionally. You can always call and send us to a special site that we are close to. Or, just call and tell us a story about when you traveled through where we are. Of course, should you need anything from that area, call and we will see if we can get it for you. We want to intertwine our travels with our daughter's classroom students. Hoping to help them with a little geography. I loved geography. I still can spend hours just looking at maps on the laptop.
Ok, I better get to bed. Don't want to sleep Friday away. Thanks for checking in on us.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home