Monday, February 23, 2009

Geocaching

Wow, did not realize so many were watching us yesterday on the tracking sight. Several of you figured that I had missed that turn. Next time, call me and let me know I am on the wrong road.
Today was a resting up day for me. Teri did some washing and studied up on her new gps unit that she got for our anniversary. It was here when we got home yesterday. Teri did some geocaching over at Quartzsite with some of the guys. I could see how much she was enjoying it. We did not have a handheld gps unit, but we do now. We are thinking Tuesday might be a good day to go treasure hunting. There are several stashes within 40 miles of here. Will get us out for some sight seeing. I want to head up 191 toward Springerville. It is a curvy road and I have not been north of Morenci and Clifton. I will take the camera with us. Teri has just about got this down. Have to enter the coordinates of the stash and head that way. We will see how it goes.
Last night about 40 miles from home our 12 volt plug fell out of our tracking unit. I have it temporarily set up behind Teri's seat. I am using a hand held radio to transmit with. Plan is to install a real radio when we get home and hide everything. I have several unused rigs that will now be back in service. Will put another one in the baja and one in Teri's car. We also lost the internet and I thought it must be in the coax to the antenna. Well, it was. When I gave a little tug on it today it came out of the wall and right into my hand. It had vibrated apart at the connector stuck back inside the wall. Was and easy fix. So, we should be good to go now.
We will hit the road, east, in a couple of weeks. Heading over to my brother's place in Monroe, La. If he does not know we are coming it will be his own fault as we will have the tracking unit on. I am hoping this way he will have supper ready when we arrive. Of course, this could backfire on me and they might take off.
Well, that is about it from here tonight. Still trying to decide whether to cross the border and get my tooth fixed. Have a good evening and come back to see our geocaching adventure.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home