Monday, March 9, 2009

Getting Ready to Roll

After services Sunday morning our friends took us out for a farewell lunch. Was a great time visiting with friends who have become really close to us this winter. We come here each winter and worship with these folks. It is hard to leave them but it is time to roll. We got to Az. back in December. There have been two long trips across the state to break things up for us and to give our kids a break.
I got a call from two of our grandsons today. Seems they received their first ever mail with their names on the envelopes. Teri sent all of the grandkids notes last week so they should all arive this week. Seems the boys had been fishing and the youngest one, Rylan, was all excited about the crappie he caught. He is not two years old yet but will talk your ear off. Sure was good to hear from them. Today was a slow day of getting some things ready. I wiped down the outside of the coach while Teri cleaned and put things away inside. I came in and vacuumed while she loaded the car. Tomorrow we will finish things up. Should not be a long list just a few little final things, like getting the coach and car ready to run as one and dumping and cleaning the waste tank. Will take just enough water to do us for up to 3 days. No use in carrying a lot of weight across Tx. When we go to bed Tuesday night I want everything ready, even the satellite tv antenna will be down. I get excited the day before we depart, every time. Can't sleep and when I get up can not remember anything except to get my shower and put clothes on. Often times I find myself stopping down the road to check stuff and turn off the lp. I may make a short list Tuesday just so I don't forget anything. We will run the refer on 12 volts since we will be driving all day. On 6 hour or less trips we just leave it turned off as it stays plenty cold in there but on full day runs we run it on 12 volts. That will not make a hot refer cold but will keep it cool until we stop for the night and put it back on gas, since no hookups in Walmarts and truckstops. We have plenty of lp so will have hot showers every morning with our new on demand hot water shower. That thing is so neat. I hope we don't run into cold weather in Tx, but if we do it will make for good sleeping. We have gotten used to a heating pad under the sheets. Won't be running that but the heater may run. It is only bad when we wake up to 60 degrees and jump in and out of the shower. Does not take long to dry off.
Well, I guess that is it. In case we miss you Tuesday, make sure you are ready to roll come Wednesday morning. Will wait til daylight, maybe a little later. Click the link when you have time to see where we are. I hope to make Midland Tx. for our first night but may not get that far. We will be doing some geocaching along the way. Should have some good pictures of the trip. I will try to post them as we travel.
Monroe, La. here we come.
Dan

1 Comments:

At March 10, 2009 at 5:42 AM , Blogger Bill said...

Dan, I don't comment often .I do read your blog every day. I'm looking forward to meeting you in person, on the road, maybe. Yes that water heater works great.
Bill

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home