Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Solomon and Safford, Arizona

We were not even sore this morning. I could not believe it. I guess Teri and I are in pretty good shape. Hey, what can I say?
We started on our taxes last night and got them all finished this morning. We filed them on line. I like that. Now, we are done for another year. I dread those things from one year to the next. Been letting my friend do them for me but he has been sick and I know he was covered up at work, so we just did them and filed on line.
Took off bright and early this morning, 10 am, and headed to Solomon, Az. There were two stashes there we wanted to find. Don't get me wrong, Teri is the geocacher, I am the photographer and hypermiler. All of this goes well together. Here was our first stop this moning. The photo will have to be blown up if you want to read it. I think someone stole the stash here as we looked for nearly an hour and never found the thing. We stood right on the coordinates and it just was not there. So, off we go.

No, we did not climb Mt. Graham. I just love looking at that mountain. Could see it from our first "dig". Actually, you can see it about anywhere out here, it is big.




If you click up this picture you might see my sweetheart down there looking around.

Here we go on our second "look see". Ah ha, found this one and it was neat.






Click this up and there is a beautiful girl back in there under the bridge.


The stash. There was a traveling medallion, nice one, here that wants to make it to Houston. We grabbed it and will help it along. Will stop on I-20 at one of the geocache spots and let someone else help it along.





Yep, one happy lady. Teri had just covered up the geo and we were on our way out to Safford. She is getting good with this handheld gps. Don't tell her but one reason I got it for her was so that she could learn directions. That is all I will say.






Hmmm, what do we have here?





Yep, had a stash right here. I will not say where it is but this is where you go to check out "things".










And, here was our last one for the day. We had gone to a car dealership previous to this one but I forgot to take any pictures. I would not let Teri hunt around this place long as it was a tavern. No find here. Someone must have stolen it.
That is what we did today. This is a lot of fun. Teri loves it and I get to practice my hypermiling skills along with shooting a few pictures. I averaged 36 plus mpg today. We will be getting better at this. Already have some ideas to make the finds quicker. Can't let our secrets out though. I hope we don't do this all the way across Tx. That is 800 miles. If you watch the tracker you will know. We will see how that goes. Should be pulling out and heading for Louisana in a couple of weeks. This is a good thing for rvers like us. Gets us out to see the area. Will see if we go tomorrow, maybe yes, maybe no. It was 85 degrees today and I had on a long sleeve t shirt. Bad choice.
Dan






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home