Friday, March 20, 2009

Here We Are

Oh yea, that is me in there. I was trying to figure out just where to go this morning as we left Lowe's parking lot. We drove back north about 1/2 mile when my steering wheel yanked hard to the left right into Troy Discount Tire. I got out and went inside. Explained my problem. The real nice owner told me where to pull it and they would get right on it, sounded like a bearing in the middle right wheel. We jacked it up and rolled that wheel. Oh yes, that was it. The inside bearing. I had a spare outer and seal but we needed an inner. they found me one plus 3 more seals. I wanted all of the rear 4 wheels off for inspection as the same guy did them and the one burned out had very little grease.


We got the 2nd wheel off, it was ok but I told them to repack it and move to the other side.


Got them off and they too were ok but we repacked them and put the new seals in. We rolled in there at a little after 8 and rolled out by 1130 am, on our way to Dothan. I also had them get me a fuel filter and we replaced my old one with it.



I would recomend these guys for any job related to what they did for me. Their price was half what I might have thought. I got robbed in Alabama last year by a tire shop. Not this place. I mean they were a friendly bunch. We may stop in on our way home just to visit.




Almost ready. Get those two back on and off we go. Thanks guys. I could not have found a better shop to help us out.





Teri grabbed this shot just south of Troy. Pretty neat.






So, about 1230 pm we pulled into the peanut festival fair ground south of Dothan.







And, so we are here. Helped Jim get set up this afternoon. My friend Ken is here now so got to go. Thanks for riding along.
Dan








1 Comments:

At March 21, 2009 at 5:31 AM , Blogger GMF said...

Dan

Sure glad you found someplace that did decent work at a fair price. Seems hard to find anymore, but then you find a great place now and then. Makes one feel better...
Selling my 5th wheel this morning...the wife and I are a little sentimental about that..

Enjoy the day the Lord has made!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home