Monday, March 16, 2009

GMC Motorhomes Do Talk, Listen Close

Oh yes, the dreaded "hook". Doug's coach had been talking to him but Doug could not quite understand just what it was trying to tell him. He knows now. Seems that Doug and Irene had a wheel pass them up as they were traveling to a rally in California a couple of weeks ago. The hub and all was still attached and landed in a rice patty off to their left. Doug said that he had no problems finding it as it was sending up smoke signals from the water. So, listen close to what your GMC is saying. Teri gets aggrivated at me sometimes because I won't turn the stereo on. I am listening to the coach, making sure that it has nothing to say. My brother Matt, and Teri, took 3 of the twins geocahcing yesterday. They had a great time.
This is a famous dog that was buried here back in 1931. Part of the geocaching expidition. You never know what you will see while doing this. Many areas that one would not go to will render some great history. This dog was part of the South Pole expedition, I believe.


Three happy twins. They found a stash. The middle one has Teri's handheld GPS. It seems the fourth twin, and prettiest, had a ball practice session and could not go geocaching.





Another geocache was around this eagle. Teri and I did one before she took the kids. It was hidden in a neat place at the local Walmart.
We finally are having Springtime weather today. I was able to change the oil in the coach and get the two vehicles washed and looking good for the next leg of our trip. Teri and I will grease it Tuesday and that should make us ready to roll again. I like to grease and change the oil with no more than 3,000 miles in between jobs. Makes me feel better. I do not want to see the dreaded "hook" that Doug and Irene had to call.



We got word today that we will be treated to a Country Music show, free of charge, when we get to Dothan. It seems that the show is Saturday and those GMC's that are there get in free. No Show Jones, Clint Black, Lee Greenwood, among others. This will be quite a treat. So, if you can, come a day or two early. I think the fairgrounds charge 25 bux a night to park.
Teri has been working inside my brother and sister in law's house today on the "craft" room. I think they are painting the walls or something. I try to stay out of there. I also got the headlight plug replaced on the Vibe today. Found some heavier than stock ones at local parts store. I will put these heavier plugs on the VW when we get home. Stock ones are barely large enough to carry 55 watts of light.
I guess that is about it from here. Life is good. We are enjoying our visit with my brother and family. Going to a famous resturant tomorrow to get pictures for a couple of my GMC friends, Roger and Jim. Thanks for checking on us and come on back in a day or two. As I have said before, you never know what we might get into. This Monroe is quite a town. Teri and I love it down here.
Dan





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home