Sunday, October 18, 2009

One GMC Motorhome

Yep, just us left. Was a lonely feeling this morning. We got home from church and almost all of our friends were gone. We visited with Bob and Terry Stockholm as the hooked up their toad and pulled away. Kinda sad. These gatherings of friends seem to always be way too short. We will hook up the vdub before dark and be ready to pull out about 7 am. We have a 35 mile drive over to the painter's shop where we will drop off our old junky looking bug. That will kinda be sad too. I hope it realizes that we will be back after it shortly. Should look like a new car when we come back for it. We were not ready to have it painted but we were offered too good a deal to pass up. times are hard up here for those involved with the rv industry but I think we got a very special deal. Maybe they figure we are good advertisement. I guess we are. When I am happy with a product I tell everyone. Pictures of the bug will be plastered all over the internet as I know we will be happy with the work. Have seen too many of their paint jobs and know they do quality work.
Yesterday we had Leon Herschberger here from National RV refrigeration. He makes old tired rv refers new again. He even fixed my 2 year old that was freezing everything, even the eggs. I told him my problem and he gave me a part. It worked. I will not buy another rv fridge as long as he is in buisness. Great guy and very knowledgable. A young Amish fella. Seems very trustworthy.
Well, I just ran down and visited Nick and Terry Russell. They publish the Gypsy Journal and are here working on this month's copy. As soon as they finish it they are heading south, as they are full timers. Nick told me they will pull out in a couple of weeks. He has a nice MCI 40 ft. conversion here for sale. If you know anyone looking for one, pass this along. I think he has 500 watts of solar on the roof. They just purchased a 40 ft. pusher by Winnebego with slide outs. Someone is going to get a real deal on the MCI they have for sale. I have been inside it and it is very nice. His bride is like mine. she knows how to use a hammer and saw. She built the interior of that bus.
Hope everyone has a good week. Watch us as we travel tomorrow on the tracker. Hope to be home by dark. We are picking cotton this week and I have got to get back.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home