Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Morning Drive

Wally, my friend from Omaha, and I took off this morning and drove over to Shipshewana. We saw a lot of sights but the pictures I took did not come out very good. We saw a lot of horse and buggies. I mean a lot. This is Amish territory. The locals are used to all of the horses but visitors must be very careful.
As we were coming back home we ran into a local car group that was organizing a run over to another town for a car show. Of course we had to stop and take pictures. I think they asked me more questions about the bug than I got to ask about their car. I was asked if we drove the vdub all the way up here from Missouri. I had to laugh at that one when I told how it was towed behind the motorhome.

These folks were very friendly, as most car folks are. I was glad we stopped.


This old caddy hurst was kinda neat. The guy driving it looked like someone you would see in a horror movie driving something like this.



I asked if they knew that a local motorhome painter would paint cars for them and they did not. Told them about Monday, dropping our bug off at the motorhome painter for new paint.




This morning we had a local rv refer rebuilder here for a seminar. Very interesting. I wish I had known about him before we forked over 1033.00 for our new 3 way 2 years ago. We have been having problems with our "new" refer freezing everything on the lowest temp setting. He gave me a part and said it might fix mine. I installed it and I think it is working.
Well, it is open house. I got to run.
Dan





1 Comments:

At November 7, 2009 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Teresa said...

Our son would have gone batty over those cars/trucks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home