Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Departing Redmond and FMCA

Found this old Dodge Travco last night. Teri, Larry, and I went to Bend, Or. Olive Garden for supper and it was parked on the side of the road. I suppose it is advertising the radio station. Larry had us in bed before 10 pm last night. We were up before 630 am this morning. Oh yea, I made it but it was not easy. We had a long meeting to attend and no one wanted to be late. It started at 9 am, ha.

A shot of one of the mountains we went by today on our way back to Vancouver.This is Mt. Hood, 100 miles away. We are looking at the south side from our camping spot. Isn't this a nice view for such a long distance? I have now seen this mountain from all sides.

Another mountain we drove by this evening. I forgot the name.I was in a hurry tonight and would not stop for Teri to get good pictures. She was not real happy with me but got over it when we rolled back into Vancouver before dark. It was a long day. Our meeting was over early so we decided to head on back to Teri's mom's. Our time is getting real short and I wanted Teri to spend all the time she can with her mother before we head back 2200 miles east to our home in Mo.
Larry was such a great friend to let us stay the night with him. He practically begged us to stay again and was bribing me with ice cream. I was tough, but it was hard. I was trying to put my lovely bride before my weakness, I was successful. Thank you so much Larry. We love you guy.
We missed some of our GMC friends but had a good visit with several. Got lots of buisness decisions made for FMCA that I am sure they could not have made without us. Cost us a good chunk of change but Larry and Carol Baxter saved us some money at the gathering. Thanks guys. It is very hard to find folks better than GMC people. We had a good visit with Fay Curtis and also my good friend John "smyrf". We all love this guy. George Baxter helped us out and I got to spend some time with the Gartons. Chuck was able to get Bert's Onan going for him this afternoon while the rest of us watched. I think Bert helped Chuck change a governor yesterday afternoon. He was having a very similar problem as the one Teri and I had back in the Spring.
Sorry I don't have good pictures but we needed to cut a trail this evening. Still got hung up in the Portland traffic on 205 at 6 pm, stop and go. I hope that everyone has had as much enjoyment out of this week, so far, as I have. Life has treated me very good. My retirement is getting better by the day.
We will do some geocaching Thurs and Friday. Will add pictures then.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home