Monday, August 2, 2010

Where Yall From?

"Where yall from" is a common question I get when away from home. I love it. A little girl at Walmart asked me that Sunday. I had not said 3 words and out it came. I looked at her and said, "I am from the USA". She was taken back and started apologizing. I just kept letting her have it and the lady behind me was doubling over laughing. Oh, I have fun everywhere I go.
We pulled into Walmart yesterday after church. There were a lot of parking spaces near the store. I pulled on up there and found signs stating "Senior Citizens". Yes, I love the Hermiston Walmart. Teri was hesitant, not me. I told her we are qualified. I pulled in, got out, with my chest puffed out. Yes, I am 56 and have white hair, I am qualified to park right here. Its about time. I get tired of 47 parking spaces for handicapped at every store. If folks are that handicapped they dont need to be driving. Old people deserve close in parking whether handicapped or not. I am going on a campaign whenI get home to get these parking spaces for our local Walmart. Let the handicapped park out back near the rear door. Give them a shuttle. I go into Walmart for an item and come right back out. I hate walking 4 miles to get in the store. I will often avoid Walmart so I can park and grab.
As you can tell, I am almost as passionate on the above subject as I am on not asking folks for their driver's license. They might be illegals. Dont want to be guilty of "profiling". I get profiled every time I get stopped. I dont complain because I need to provide the officer with my driver's license. Maybe I will shout, "illegal" next time so the cop leaves me alone. What a mess we are in.
Well, heading west in the morning. Will be hanging out over around Camus and Vancouver for a few days. Will hit Tillamook Saturday. Love the cheese factory. Next week is the FMCA national meeting in Redmond. We will spend a few days there. I have never been into the heart of this state, just aound the edges.
Life is good for a 56 year old senior citizen. Hope all is well with you.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home