Saturday, July 31, 2010

Umatilla Watermelon Festival

Yesterday Teri, her dad, and I grabbed a few local geocaches. Going to get a bunch more tomorrow after church.

I rolled out early today, 930 am, and headed to the festival. Did not realize it was going on til I walked into the one and only store in town. Could not stir folks with a stick. Then I saw the cars.

Check out these scooters. The one in the front is a vdub with single port heads.

This cold intake is on the following truck.1939. He has a souped up 200 Ford 6 banger with air conditioning. I love talking to the owners as much as looking at the vehicles. This is the guy's work truck. He uses it in his buisness everyday. I love these type vehicles. Drive the things.


Check out the 59 Ford. The guy is looking to trade it for a Cobra replica.
This little roadster has a big block Ford.

Looks like a 53 panel in the background. I did not get to speak with owner.50 bux a ticket. A hotrod 4 banger.

Not many AMC hotrods left.

64 Falcon. Funny thing about this car show, the owners are mostly in their 70's and up.

There must be a club of these things. There were lots of owners there but they were too busy talking with each other for me to butt in.

The watermelon festival brought lots of folks to this little town on the Columbia. Lots of tents and rvs parked here. This is a real pretty place. We love looking at this big river.
Heading to Walla Walla this afternoon. Hope to get more pics along the way. Had a big elk burger for lunch. Teri's dad has lots of elk, my favorite meat, next to Salmon. Oh, Salmon is big here too. Can't wait to get a meal with the fish.
Thanks for hanging in with us. This is going to be a great vacation. Oh, I mean trip. Guess I am on permanant vacation. There is no place prettier than the Northwest in the summer.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home