Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just a Little Fun

These grandkids love staying all night with grandpa. so, I think they should learn a few things while here. Marci Claire is learning the proper art of polishing a wheel. Looks like she is learning pretty fast. The kids love riding in the bug so why not help keep it clean?

Marci Claire is interested in learning to play the guitar like grandpa. I have an old Harmony that she drags out of it's case when she stays all night. It won't be long.

One of the things we did today, after having ice cream at the local drug store, was check our geocaches. With all the rain we have had I was concerned.

We have a cache here so folks can see this natural spring. Lots of locals get drinking water here, including us. This was a gathering place for the cofederate army and there is a nice plaque here.

Look close and you will spot the cache. It is the only wet one of the bunch. I will fix that tomorrow.

Marci Claire loves playing with the camera and thought her grandpa should get his picture taken. Tonight we have 4 grandchildren here. I think 3 of them will go home before bed time. With Teri leaving Thursday, for Alaska, she just has to see them as much as possible. Will be three weeks before she returns. I am taking her to the St. Louis airport Thursday.
This morning I got a call from our GMC Black List. A fella traveling through here tomorrow needs a place to work on his coach. I assured him we have the space and he is welcome to come on by. So, we may have company for a day or two. He knows he is on his own Thursday as we will be on the road. One of the GMC folks in St. Louis picked up a window for me over near Knoxville last week. I will pick that up Thursday after I drop Teri off. He lives fairly close to Lambert Field so it won't take long to grab it and head home. Owning a GMC motorhome is much more than just having one. We are part of a large group of friends who are always helping each other out. The Black List is a list of us owners who are willing to help each other out while traveling and being in need. That is how the fella got my phone number that will stop by tomorrow.
Have a great week.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home