Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Monroe, Louisiana

The kids know how to make their uncle happy. Katy is sending me home with lots of m&m candy. Her dad had already given me a 16 oz bag so we should make it home.

Part of my stash.

We always eat good when at my brother's.

Here is Teri with one of the twins. She helped him with his batting practice before the game. This is Brad.

There she is hiding behind the fence.

Brad getting ready for his first at bat.

There is the ball and the bat is swung.

The entire family plays hard down here. Some kind of computer WII game. I think my brother Matt missed a day of work over this game.

Back on the field.The ball is in the air.

Here goes the bunt.

After the game pow wow with the coach. Baseball is good for kids. I used to coach little league and had a lot of fun. Moms were the most fun, not.

My brother on a job this morning. Matt is the one who got me involved fixing tv sets. He does more than tv's. We had a big printer job today. My pay, a bag of m&m candy.

Here is my little buddy Snappy. Seems mom did not think the 4 twins would care for this guy like their uncle so he is on his way to becoming a Missouri turtle. I hope he can get the accent down right.

Josh and Brad.

Eating again, dad and daughter. Seems I missed getting her twin brother in the pictures. He is hard to slow down for a picture.
Well, now you see why we always make our way home from Arizona via Monroe, La. We have lots of fun here. Teri has been helping Katy with her scrapbooking, while I get plenty to eat. We tore up a half gallon of cream the very first night here.
We hate to leave this place but it is time to get the GMC home. Dec. 1, 2010 is the day it pulled out of our driveway in Dexter. Almost 5 months on the road. Got to head up the Mississippi River early in the morning. Hope to get through Memphis before noon. Praying for no thunderstorms along the way. Ride with us if you have time. The tracker will be running, WD0AFQ. We will head up across the SE corner of Arkansas and cross the river at Greenville. Then up 61 and cross back over at Memphis. Will be home free from there on in.  Will catch you again in 403 miles.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home