Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fun At Home

What takes one day in the GMC to make a good blog entry takes a week at home. See, we have so much fun in that old motorhome I just have to share it with you daily.
This week has been busy. Check out that Road Closed sign. 3 times this week I have come to one of these signs and then stopped at the last house, not under water, to fix their tv. This flooding in SEMO has been unbelievable. We will never live through anything like this again.

The door to this 5th wheel is around that corner. There was 6 inches of water from me to that door. It was all the way around the thing. My mission, fix the fella's tv. He was not home. I called him to let him know I was not wading that water and was moving on to another job 10 miles away. He had his workers build me a walkway. When we returned, I got in and we took care of the job. Did 6 tv jobs in 3 days. Got 4 waiting for parts now. Told Teri I hope 3-4 more folks lose their tv this weekend so I have something to do next week. She did not think that was too nice. I need gas money. HAve been doing warranty work on new flat screens for almost a year now. My brother in La. helped me get into it. Great job and I can do it wherever we are going to be for a few weeks.

You see this bad boy? He was running from a mole that I flipped out of the ground with a shovel yesterday. Teri has a good eye for working moles. She spotted 2 this week and I flipped and murdered them, burying them back in the hole they dug for their buddies to see. Hope they had a nice funeral.

One reason we are home. this is Larsyn. He is always happy when grandpa is around.

Rylan, with his spiked hair at Thursday School graduation this week. He told me to stop calling him Spike. "You can call me Homeboy". Today when he came over that doo was gone and he knew grandpa was happy when he asked, " you like it now grandpa?".

Grana, mom, and the 4 kids. We had a great time this evening with them coming over for Mother's Day. Life is good with 16 grandchildren. We had 7 year old Colsyn spend the night with us last night. We worked on the m&m candy along with a box of Moosetrax. Of course we had chocolate syrip along with it. Oh, we also devoured a few peanuts last night while watching Ax Men.

Even grandpa got his picture taken. These 4 are almost always smiling and fight to spend the night with grana and grandpa.
Hope all of the mothers out there have a very special day tomorrow.
Dan

1 Comments:

At May 7, 2011 at 8:05 PM , Blogger the world around us said...

Do you celebrate Mothers' Day on Saturday? We have it here on Sunday and that is tomorrow so I will go to church tomorrow to see what the Pastor has to say about Mothers and then go home to see what my dear wife has to say about what I got for her as well as what "we" got for #2 daughter (mommy).
Haven't talked to you much lately, lost your email address or else I might have sent more messages to you.
Wilf n Elizabeth Blakey
Kirkland Lake,Ontario, Canada

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home