Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Fun With GMC Motorhome Friends

When I was 16 years old my dad was in his early 40's. As I would head out the door for a night on the town I just never could figure out why dad had that smile on his face. I mean, what a boring life. Here I am having all of the fun and he is stuck here at home. Little did I know. Ain't life fun? Look at these two girls, both older than my dad was back then. Are they having fun or what?

This coach went to a new home while we were at Billie's in Tx. More new friends to come our way.

Oh wow. How did this one get in here?

Owning a GMC motorhome has not only brought us lots of friends it has taken us many places. I even see the sun rise some mornings.

This is deep south. About as far south as you can go. What a treat to see places like this. I have to thank our old motorhome.

When we come to town for a gathering this is what we see in the local news. Many times the TV stations send reporters out to interview some of us.

Look at these two. Good friends and working hard, trying to sell a part or two.

Does it look like fun? I promise we have lots of fun.

Rarely do we not smile at these conventions.

This group is "high tech".

Here is a night shot of our coach. We have nothing lighting this thing up but led lights. I am happy to be associated with an American company on these things. The light is just amazing.

Why does everyone hang around my coach? Well, I work with Applied GMC and we have the parts.

GMC friends are true friends. Ken is working on our coach air conditioning. He is always busy helping others out at these conventions.

This coach belongs to a local Cajun. It really looks good in person.

Is this a bench or what?

Some of our GMC racers in the pits.

Rocking and ready to roll.

This is serious buisness. All computerized.

Teri's geocaching class. She works long and hard to help folks learn how much fun old folks can have as they travel. Should I have said "we travel"?

More helping hands at the get together.

This picture is for a friend. He needs to see how I install these lights in the overheads for the driving area of our coach.

Nice and clean again.
Wow, I just want non GMCers to see a little bit of the fun we have. Many of these photos are posted for the GMC group, on our photosite. It seems at 56 years of age I have finally figured out what my dad was smiling about as I "hit the town" on Friday nights.
Few friends are like GMC friends.
More on the road travels soon as we will head 400 miles up the Mississippi River Thursday. Right now we are enjoying our family here in Monroe, La. Pictures to come.
Dan

2 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 at 11:57 AM , Blogger GMF said...

Sure looks like fun..
Garry

 
At May 1, 2011 at 3:13 AM , Blogger Travels of Gerald said...

Dan Glad that yall had a safe trip.Hope that all the tornado's miss you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home