Friday, July 13, 2007

Wash Day


Well, today is wash day for us. The above photos were taken from the front of the whas house. The second one shows the Roosevelt street sign where we turn to get to our coach. Just a block from the sign, up in the bay. The first one is shot directly across the street from the wash house. I saw this neat little v-8 powered truck pull in and I took it. An old fella got out of it. I was thinking to myself, " only old guys can afford the time and money to have something like that". Then I thought, " I am old, got time but no money". Wonder what went wrong along the way. I guess choosing to be a Parole Officer did not lend itself to making much money. When the kids were growing up I worked two jobs so we could eat and make the house payment. Well, I don't have any money but I have well rounded kids. That is worth a lot more than money to me.
This is quite a little place where we are. I don't remeber if I posted our front yard view or not. I will though if I didn't. We are on the bay. It is unbelievable. This is a little, 1500 population town. Maybe much like Branson was back in the 60's. Laid back. No hustle and bustle. Just a group of friendly folks going about their lives not realizing what a beautiful place they live in. Coos Bay is just over the bridge and seems the same but 16,000 poulation. They have a Super Walmart. Teri and I have been blessed with friends who live in various places and have allowed us into thier lives. We are really thankful. My dad took us on a 2 week trip to California in 1960. I still remember much of it even though I was only 5 years old. Now I see why he wanted his kids to experience the country away from where we would grow up. Lots of beautiful places and people to see. This is really a nice trip for anyone that can take it. Teri and I feel very blessed and I hope you can get just an inkling of what we see here from our writings. Teri is going to post tonight. I hope she don't get wild and write about some of the stuff we do out here. Oh, just kidding. Anyone that knows Teri knows that I can not get away with any wild shennanigans when away from home. I must be the same here as I am at home. Yall have a good weekend. We are excited about maybe going salmon fishing Monday. Will take the camera. Thanks for stopping by. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home