Friday, August 24, 2007

"The Sixth Wheel" from Irrigon, Or.

Most of you know that our motor coach has 6 wheels. Well, Teri and I got ready this am and pulled out of Sharon and Allen's about 9 am. It was a good long decent. As I neared the bottom I heard this crunching sound. BAD. Well, I pulled on out to the hiway. All is good unless I tap the brakes. Crunch. I pull off, Teri is behind as we will hook car up at station when I get gas, Teri says "what?", I say "bad news, follow me to the gas station. Gets worse. I sit, try to assess the situation. Teri can not hear it outside for some reason. I believe it is front rear wheel on passenger side. We call Allen, he is close by. Thank you Lord. He calls a friend, get a line on a mechanic that can get us right in. He comes over and we follow him up the mountain. Don't need brakes going up. Get to mechanic's, I tell what it sounds like. We pull those two wheels off, nothing. All good. Go to other side, they are good. Jack up front driver side, good. Passenger side, the calipers are off the rotor. The two bolts were gone. Oh well, we got two bolts back in there, hour and half, and off we go. Made it to Irrigon about 4 pm today. Very nice drive. Now, I get here, fire up the laptop, hook the antenna up, BAM, internet everywhere. I will be a happy guy now, back in buisness. Will be getting pics worked on tonite and up real soon, maybe tonite or Saturday. Thanks, for riding along with us. Tell your friends that Teri, Sam, and Dan are back on the air. It has warmed up here. Have a good Friday evening. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home