Monday, August 20, 2007

Rainy Northwest

Well, you guessed it, these are our hosts. We are having such a good time with them. Sharon and Allen have treated us like "family", well, like they have known us all of our lives. They are just super folks.
It is raining here in the Northwest today but not a rain like we get. It is more of a misty sprinkling rain. We are back over in Vancouver for some things Teri needed to do with family. I am in a mall parking lot while she visits with her sister in law at work. I typed up a real nice article last evening, while in the comfort of our coach, but can not get it to upload for some reason.
Sunday was a full day. We got home about 7 and Allen and Sharon had supper waiting. Oh, how I love this salmon. They eat it here like folks eat chicken at home, often. I can dig this. Better than steak to me. While we were finishing up our fresh blackberry cobbler a fawn ran right up in the back yard. We could see it from about 15 feet as we sat at the table. It called for its mom then bolted back in the same direction that it came in from. Hope the momma was close by. What a place to live. Right out the dining room we look at the Oregon side of the Columbia Gourge. It is something. ALmost straight up with trees on it. Id guess 1200 feet, give or take 850 feet. I am not too good at guessing the elevation out here and neither is my dash mount gps.
Well, not sure what is on tap for the rest of this day. We are meeting Sharon's two older sisters Wednesday afternoon. They are coming to the house. This is going to be fun as I know they will have lots of informational stories to tell us. I love listening to the stories of folks older than me, especially when they are family related. I try to soak it all up. Maybe someday the next generation will enjoy hearing things from me.
If there is anything anyone wants to see or find out about in this area, please let us know. I think we will stay here until Friday morning then we will mosey on east, up the Columbia about 140 miles to Teri's dad and step mom's in Irrigon, Or. Her dad and I get along well and I can't wait to see him. He is a super guy that has a lot of information that I like to pull from him. Do I sound like a freeloading "sponge"? I guess I am, oh well, nothing bettr in this world than learning from the generation that goes before me. I was the little kid that sat with my granddad and all the old men and heard their stories about their first car and how they wish they still had it, while the other kids played. I decided that I would never have to tell that story as I was going to keep my first car. And, I still got it, 37 years after my dad bought it for me.
Well, I better go check on my bride. Yall have a good day. Maybe I can get Teri back on here before too long. She is just too busy. I understand. These folks are family and she only sees them ever so often. Thanks for the visit. Catch U another time. Dan
P.S.
Didn't I look good in that old Plymouth???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home