Tuesday, September 4, 2007

From Oregon to Idaho

We got up early and left Oregon. Traveled through Washington over to Idaho. The first picture is of us leaving our friend, the Columbia River. We stayed with it for close to a month. I hated to drive away but knew we were going to see lots more beautiful places. The second picture is looking out our front window, here at Rob's in Lowell, Id. What a view, right on the Selway River. Photos that follow are from our guided tour of the river this afternoon. Rob is quite the host and one could not get a better tour guide of the area. We are REMOTE. 100 miles back to Lewiston and 125 over to Missoula. We met our friend, Larry Calhoun, in the Lewiston area and were able to drive together the last 100 miles down the beautiful river canyon to Rob's. Larry is the first fella I ever talked with about buying a GMC. He drove down from Osborn, Id. to meet us and come out to Rob's with us. That is 250 miles, in his GMC coach. Larry really wanted to visit didn't he? We really appreciate Larry making the trip to see us and Rob. The last picture is of the sunset, this afternoon, on the river. What a sunset. I wish we could show you better images of what we actually saw today. We have lots more but I tried to pick some interesting ones for you. Rob's house is right on the river. No road or anything between him and this river, just the bank. Awesome. I rarely use that word but it fits here. As I sit here now I hear the river raging by. Running water. What a sound to fall asleep to. Well, it is 11 pm. I better upload this and get to bed. We got a full day ahead of us Wednesday. Oh, Larry brought salmon. That's what we had for supper, with all of the trimmings. He heard I like salmon. Wonder where he heard that? Rob is cooking breakfast in the morning. We will visit and sight see, with the camera, then we are headed somewhere for supper with blackberry cobler and ice cream for dessert. Oh, tonite, after the meal, Rob pulls out Bunny Tacks Ice Cream, my favorite. Even had Hershey's chocolate syrip. Boy, I could not believe it. This is living. Oh well, as I have told you in the past, someone has to live this life, why not me and Teri? Thanks for checking on us. I will have more on Wednesday. Dan



































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home