Tuesday, February 12, 2008

400 miles and a Great Time

Oh me. It was hard on me to roll out of that sack before 630 this morning. I did not think I was going to make it, but Teri helped me and I showered and we were out of here at 645 am. That was 45 minutes later than I had planned but we got gone. 200 miles of two lane through the mountains and a good bit of traffic the last 40 miles, but we made it. Had a great time. Found my friend Donna right off. She is a very nice lady as I knew she would be from our conversations and reading her blog. I overheard a lady talking about being in the Sojourners and interrupted her. That is a group of Christian folks that help other Christians in various ways. They work under the leadership of a congregation in Burleson, Tx. We got to visiting and then met her husband. They are both ham radio operators too. Teri and I have thought about trying to hook up with the Sojourners. Now we actually have friends in the group who we can contact from time to time. We hit all of the vendors, two or three times. Teri learned how to cook on some newfangled pots and pans. We attended one of the sessions there. Got to meet the fella and his wife that put the whole thing together, Nick and Terry. Visited some more, took a lot of pictures and then headed on back home. We arrived here about 7 pm, tired but more enlightened. Was a great day for us to get out and do something other than work on the kitchen. I will try to upload some pictures Wednesday. Just too tired to edit them tonight.
Thanks for coming by to check on us. Teri visited with the kids, watched a little tv in the bedroom that I hooked up Sunday for her, and is now asleep. Sam is snoring at my feet. I am thinking about the sun tan that we got today in the 75 degree sun. Was a perfect day. Now I am going to bed. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home