Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Laundry Day




Seems like we do laundry every week. I guess we do. Not really "we", Teri does it. When I lived alone I did mine on Monday. I learned that from my grandparents. They always washed on Monday and I was usually at their home to make sure they did it right. I was 5 years old and we lived a couple doors down the street. My grandparents had a big impact on me and who I am. I think we should all realize just how much we as grandparents can influence our grandchildren. My grandfather was my best friend right up until he left this world for a better place. We worked sided by side in the cotton patch on many days. He was a real cotton picker, I was not. He could pick 300 lbs right up until he no longer picked. Must have been in his late 60's. He enjoyed it, I hated it. I just kinda followed along with him, picking his two rows and most of mine. Those were the days.


Can you imagine living in a room the size of your bedroom and completely overhauling that room? That photo is just a glimpse of how we do this. Don't tell Teri I put that up, she won't like it. Had the mattress up front while working in the bedroom.

The top picture is of the meal that we shared with our friends a few days back. The congregation is small here but we eat big. I think it is about time we had another potluck. Maybe I will mention that Wed. nite at Bible Study and see what the pulse is of the ladies.
I found another spot that was letting air into the coach. Our vacuum closet at the rear of the hallway. Got it all insulated and Teri is back there now trying to get the wood shelve back in there. Should be much warmer back there now.
We have had some very unusual cool nights out here. I think it is warmer in Missouri than out here. Must be the elevation. I have only spent one other February out here and it was nothing like this one. Of course, I was not living in a motorhome either.
Well, I guess before we go to bed tonight we will have a feeling on what happens with the BIG Tuesday. Lots of folks voting in primaries today.
Have a great evening and keep that photo to your self. Teri rarely looks at the blog so I don't think she will see it.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home