Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sneak Preview







Here are some shots of the doors being put together today. Won't be long now. This is quite a time consuming project. I am glad we don't have jobs and are trying to do this in our spare time. It is good that all of our time is spare or we would never get done with this new kitchen cabinet and counter. I have said it before, cabinet makers earn their pay. I guess if we did this a lot we would be faster. The frame up and mounting the counter top and sink were nothing compared to the final stages. Here, if we make a mistake it shows. If we had made any mistakes in the framing they would be hard to overcome also. I am not talking. I will say that you won't see any mistakes. Teri is going to make sure this looks good. If she does not like what she sees, we re do it. We have a little more on one pull out drawer to finish then we can stain the whole thing and then hang the doors. We are hoping for a good day Thursday.
Let me tell you something. It gets cold in these mountains. It was back down to 18 degrees again last night. The furnace kept kicking on and we leave it at lowest setting when we pull the covers up. It is 34 degrees right now so I am hoping we don't drop quite so low again tonight.
I had lots of email this morning. I appreciate when folks hollar at me. Being a ham radio operator I enjoy conversing with people. Doing it via email is just fine too.
Well, keep coming back. We will have the completed project up soon. Teri is going to build us an entertainment center too. She may start on that tomorrow. Got to keep her busy. She is motivated as I told her the cabinet where the satellite receiver and dvd player is her's when we get that stuff in a regular space and out of the cabinet. See, I know how to keep her going. Just a little carrot every once in a while. Thanks for your visit tonite. Dan

2 Comments:

At February 7, 2008 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Wally and Sue said...

Looking good!

 
At February 7, 2008 at 7:49 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Thanks. Looks a lot better today. We got one door hung and started on the entertainment center. HAd some wrong hinges so will get the right ones Friday.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home