Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rising Early

Well, I was up early this morning. I awoke to the table saw just a humming, 930 am. Teri worked hard today on the box that will hold our satellite receiver. We will be glad to get that up and clean up the cabinet where it is now. Teri gets the cabinet space when I get the stuff out of there. It won't be long now. Short a couple trim boards so might be Friday before we get it stained and hung. I think Stasha will run over the mountain tom. evening and pick up the trim while she is there. If not, we can get it this weekend. This will free up a lot of space for us. Will also make one for the bedroom satellite receiver.
Teri has really been working on the staining of the doors. They are going to really look nice when she gets them finished. She likes doing things right. I like doing things fast.






Here is a shot of some of my work. See, I do a few things. Did all new plumbing under the sinks. We moved the trap all the way back to the wall. This gives a lot more space for the top sliding drawer. Have to be creative in a motorhome to get the most space available. I can not take credit for the idea. It came from another GMC guy. I just have to get my gray water valve in and I am done with this stuff. I hate doing plumbing. Actually I have tinkered with this for 3 years, trying to keep it from leaking. Well, Monday I just ripped it all out and started over. Should have done this a long time ago but you know how some guys are, patch this and patch that til it blows completely out. Yea, that is me sometimes.
I finally got my new solar meter. This one will measure power going into and out of our house batteries. I will probably be running around Thursday looking for a ten foot piece of battery cable to get everything hooked up like I want it. My friend, Al, told me at church tonight that he might have a piece. If he does that will be great. If not I will be out heading up to Clifton or Morenci to see if I can get a piece cut. I have the ends and a cable crimper. We have our 4 year old grandson, Caleb, tomorrow so maybe he and Teri will run around with me. We love our 12 grandchildren. Oh, we will have another one come September. That will be an even 13. Not bad for a young couple like Teri and me.
Did yall see the eclypse tonight? That was neat. We took photos but they were not good enough to post.
As always, thanks for the comments and emails. We enjoy hearing from everyone. Glad you could stop by for a visit. Will see you again in a day or two.
Dan



1 Comments:

At February 21, 2008 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Donna McNicol said...

You know, when you finish your rig you should hire Teri out to others like me....LOL!

I have 15 grandkids and hope that's the last of them. I can't keep up with all the birthdays as it is!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home