Friday, February 22, 2008

Stopped in My Tracks

Have you ever had everything just cranking to the right and then, wham, everything comes to a screeching hault? Well, that happened to me this evening. Got up and ran over to Safford. Picked up my 7 feet of battery, cable @ 4.50 a foot, and made my way back over the mountains. Got here and Teri was just working away. She was ill yesterday but recovered. She will not sit still. Anyway, I went to work on rewiring my batteries so I could install this new meter. It is kinda like a gas gauge. Tells how much juice is going into the batteries and how much is coming out. Will give us a good idea of what we can and can not do when we are not hooked to electric. Just like the fuel gauge in that it will accurately let us know how much we have left in the batteries. Works with a shunt. So, I got all my wires run and mounted the shunt under the hood. Teri shot a couple pictures. I guess she wants folks to know that her husband does actually do a little work, ha. Was just about done, under the hood, when I dropped my screw that holds a set of wires from the meter to the shunt. Well, I am on gravel and the screw is brass. Really was no use in even looking for it. We looked for a while. It is probably stuck behind the radiator and never hit the ground. That shut me down. Nothing else I can do. I am just hoping I can find a little machine tread screw without having to make the 90 mile trip over the mountains to Safford. Maybe this is worth a prayer tonight.

Teri finished the doors today. She is very particular about this finish stuff. She also got the box built for the satellite receiver. Just need to get it stained tomorrow. She thinks she is finished with the borrowed table saw. We hope so as it was needed back home today. We had it borrowed for a month. Still have a mider saw borrowed so I think we can finish our cuts wthout needing the table saw. We have a bunch of c clamps that we must get back to. I hate to borrow things but we did not have a choice this time. Our biggest project left is the wall. Those boards must be cut 35 inches long. May take the wall out Saturday and get started on that. Will also insulate behind it and put in another 110 volt outlet.





Have a good weekend and come back when you can. I am sure that you will find us in some kind of mess. We are getting short here so we must get into high gear on our projects. Less than 2 weeks til we must move west.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home