Friday, April 18, 2008

The Earth Quaked

And the rain fell. I don't know how much more water this area can take. It rained all afternoon. Teri and I got up early, 630,and drove up to Cape Girardeau to get a few things. Had lunch at Sam's Club. Boy, they make good pizza. Left there about noon and it rained like crazy all the way home, 55 miles. We took on Hobby Lobby first. I kept the front bench warm there for an hour. Then over to the Dollar Tree. That cost us a lot more than a dollar. I got 20 bags of trail mix for Sam and me. That is great stuff and a lot cheaper than Walmart. For you boondockers, it is a great place for led lights. The hockey pucks with 3 lights are only a buck. Also the reading lights and laptop lights. We have them all over our coach. They have some pretty good stuff in there. I have considered buying all the led lights they have and opening an ebay store. Should be able to double my money.
Our daughter called us over for supper tonight. Had ribeyes cooked on the grille. Got to play with the 3 grandkids. We loved that. We miss them when we are traveling.
Well, back to the earthquake. Teri and I did not wake at 430 am because of the quaking earth but Sammy did. Teri then got up and took care of her. There was a second tremor about 930, or so, that we did not feel because we were on the road and the wind was blowing us so hard all over the place. Would have been no way for us to feel that one unless the pavement opened up.
Noticed a lot of traffic out today. Guess the fuel prices are not stopping folks much. I tell you one thing, I have a scooter that gets over 80 mpg. It will see a lot of use while we are home this time.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. The men are cooking for the ladies at church in the morning. That means another early rising for me. 2 in a row, killing my image.
Dan

1 Comments:

At April 20, 2008 at 6:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home