Monday, April 7, 2008

Our Trip Up 101

We had a great afternoon for a 250 mile drive through the redwoods. A few sprinkles of rain as we neared Eureka and the rest was sunshine and trees. Teri got some good photos as we drove along. She got on the internet and I had to hollar quick so she could get the camera ready.


I thought this was named after some of my buddies, Gieserville. Teri pointed out that I was mispronouncing it.

We followed Bert and Fay most of the way.





































Everything was so green.








































We stopped here and went inside. Had some neat stuff in here.













Teri always looks for a penny mashing machine. She found one here.



























One picture is worth a thousand words.















Teri loves the flowers.




























































The pavement is a bit wet here. We were almost to Eureka. Had to turn the wipers on a couple times but never anything that bothered us. After we got here it did rain and is raining now, 1 am. We stopped in town for supper then climbed the mountain. I went in and visited with Fay and Bert for a couple hours. Teri and Sam went on to bed. They are early risers so they needed to rest. I will get up when the mood hits me. My internet antenna caught the telephone wire over Bert's driveway and ripped it down. Looks like I have a chore ahead of me in the morning. Got to get their phones working again.
Well, it was a great drive. We saw lots of sights that came up on us to quick to photograph. Climbed a lot of mountains and went under lots of Redwoods. Everyone should come up 101 at least once in the springtime. It is a beautiful drive. I hope all of my friends made their destinations safely after leaving the convention. We left a handful of coaches at Santa Rosa when we left this afternoon. We attended the same congregation this morning to worship as we did last week. Folks treated us like we were regulars and wished us God's speed. It seems no matter where we go, we meet new friends. We just can't have too many friends. People always treat us super everywhere we go. Have a good week and thanks for taking the ride with us today. It was lots of fun. Should have some interesting things for the next post. I always hear many new stories from my friend Bert. See ya. Dan






1 Comments:

At April 7, 2008 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Donna McNicol said...

Ahhhh, that area brings back many fond memories. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home