Saturday, April 12, 2008

Home Again

We got home about 1am today. What a ride. We certainly made some memories that will last us a lifetime. Traveled through all kinds of weather and on various type roads. Today we left Limon, Co. around 11 am. 900 miles later and here I sit, on my couch. Teri and Sam have called it a day. I won't be far behind them. We did get a few pictures today and I will post them soon. The weather was good for us today. We ran out of the snow before we hit the Ks. border. It was sunny this morning and overcast this evening. The wind was really blowing hard. Was a bear when we stopped for gas, especially when Sam needed to get out. Headed south at Topeka on 75. Great road. Kept us out of the cities. Cut over to Ft. Scott nd into Nevada, Mo. and down to Springfield. 60 hiway on over to Dexter. They are really making good progress on 4 laning 60 between Van Buren and Willow Springs. Won't be long until we have 4 lanes all the way across southern Mo.
We talked with our oldest daughter, Stasha, today. She was on her way to Phoenix to take her teaching certificate test. She will do good, no doubt. I told her she takes after me as I always did great on promotional tests in my career. Not to brag but I had the highest score in the entire state just before I was promoted to District Supervisor. She said she realized that she takes after me, ha. Anyway, she graduates in May and already has a job teaching first grade. Teri and I are very proud of her and all of our kids. They all do very well in their chosen fields.
Hope all is well with you. Thanks for riding home with us. Will get pictures up shortly.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home