Monday, March 31, 2008

One of My Favorite Days, Monday

What a day we had today. I got to attend Steve Ferguson's session this morning before coming back to open the "store". I hope I get time to attend another one or two this week. Missed all of them in Iowa. We closed down at 5 pm today but had a couple come in the coach after hours to discuss things. That is just fine with me. Sam was a little cranky though as she was taking a nap when the knocks on the door came. She had a fine day herself. Seems she is given so much attention by our friends here that she thinks she can come and go as she pleases. Teri found her at the hotdog stand this afternoon begging for bits of the folks' hotdogs. She is not the least bit ashamed to beg for people food. I give her trailmix at night but she does not get many table scraps. I think one reason she is living such a good life at 12 is because we keep her on the same brand of dog food all the time.
We have another ice cream social tonight. Am hoping to get some pictures of folks here then. That is one way I am assured that the people can be caught, everyone loves quality ice cream. It was difficult to take photos while working today.
The weather has been perfect so far. I just noticed my face really tanned good today. The sun was bright so I kept my eyes squinched all day. Lots of white lines near my eyes that saw no sun. It has been a bit nippy every night here but we have good heat. I think there is a chance of rain on Tuesday. We will deal with whatever comes our way. In Iowa last fall we lost two days of work because the wind was so high we could not untie our goods. Am thinking we will not have that problem here.
Some more coaches pulled in today so I will try to track them down and take pictures. It is more about the people behind the coaches that really tell the stories, but I know people love to see nice looking GMC coaches.
Teri and I are supposed to give a talk Wednesday morning. She is all worried about it but I told her I can talk to any group for an hour. 10 minute talk and 50 minutes of answering questions is my thought. I want the audience to hear what they are interested in so why not let them ask us things and we can explain how we did it. What we do is not what many folks want to do so I can listen and learn from the audience as well. I always figure I know a little about most things but not much about any one thing. That lets me cover lots of stuff in a short amount of time. Teri wants me to sit down and put together an outline to hand out, why? I can't follow one anyway. I am a retired Parole Officer. All my career has been "spur of the moment" decision making. That is why I just fly by the seat of my pants and take care of things as they arise. Teri is organized, I am not, as I have told you before.
Well, I had several folks come up again today and talk about the blog. I am thrilled that folks actually enjoy reading about our travels. Seems everyone here knows about our coach fire. Gives a good entry to our fire extinguisher buisness. Only have 2 engine compartment extinguishers left and one of those is supposed to be sitting in our engine box. These things are great insurance and we only pay the premium one time.
Thanks for riding along today even though we did not travel many miles. Come on back. I may have more pictures to post after the ice cream social. Hope you enjoyed both entries from yesterday, with two different sets of pictures. Until our next ride, take care and keep all of the preventive maintinance up on your rv.
Dan

1 Comments:

At April 1, 2008 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Carolyn said...

We love your blog!! It is so nice to read about the great time you are all having..and..wish we were there!!!! We love our GMC too. Have fun at the Ice Cream Social, and, give Sara and Walt Halley our best!! Wish we were there. Hope your grandson in Logansport is doing well. Tom and Carolyn Bessler (Monticello, Indiana)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home