Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lifetime Friendships

Each and every time Teri and I come to an International GMC convention we make lifelong friends. We have something in common that brings us together. We find folks that have other interests that are the same as our's, aside from the GMC motorhome. We share time together for a few days and we are friends for life. We have several friends like this that we have met at other conventions that are not here this week for various reasons. We will see them at another gathering or we will visit at one another's homes. Teri is very much into having our friends come to our home and we enjoy going to other's. I have had several folks, this week, invite us to their homes to park in their driveway for a few days. Some of these folks very well may get a call from us one day asking can we stop by for a day or two. We have only sincere friends. Ones we can count on and they can count on us, for whatever might come up. Some folks have a few "close" friends. Teri and I count many, many friends this way. We will all depart here in a day or two but will meet again before too long. We maintain contact with our friends via internet or phone and mail. One couple that we were fortunate to meet this week was Shirley and Mac Mc Neal. They are genuine folks who share many interests that Teri and I share. They are faithful Christians who enjoy people like we do. Mac helps a lot of folks but he is no pushover. He is a good judge of character, along with Shirley. They have kids and grandkids like we do. Mac shares some ideas on child rearing with me, we think alike. I can listen to him for hours and never get bored. We look forward to a long friendship with the Mc Neals. They are honest in their buisness dealings and we like that. As many of you know, they make the new dashes for our coaches. If you have been thinking about a new dash, give them a call and discuss it with them. "We make it your way" is their slogan. 800-462-7635.
Today was a busy day. It seems that Teri and I work with one of the most popular GMC guys in the whole group of parts and service dealers. Teri and I helped Jim for over a week before the convention. His shop was busy and one night we had 10 coaches there with folks sleeping in them. He has booked several days of work immediately following the convention. I wish we could go back with him and help with the crowd but we must move on so we can get home and take care of things. I hear our yard is overgrown so I have to get that taken care of soon.
I did not have a chance to get loose today for pictures. Will do my best to get some tomorrow. I know we will be very busy but maybe I can sneak off for a few minutes. So many nice coaches here. Many are in various states of being referbished. I love seeing folks bring their coaches here that are not showpieces but are on their way to becoming one. I remember the first rally I attended. I was not sure I could get there and back home without breaking down. I did have some problems but made the 500 mile trip without assistance of anyone. Was a fun trip. Prevention maintenance is a big deal to me. I want everything correct so as to lessen our chances of breakdowns. Some things just happen but many breakdowns can be prevented with some preventative measures. If I am told by a professional that something is "ok" for now but needs attention before long, I say "do it now". So far, so good. Teri and I have logged about 16,000 miles in this old coach so far and all has been A-OK.
Well, thanks for stopping by. We will hit the road Saturday sometime, heading into the Redwoods. Good pictures are coming up. Keep riding along. Your seat is free.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home